City / Road Drivers - Class A CDL
Council Bluffs, IA
FedEx Freight is currently hiring individuals with a valid Class A CDL license for our Driver positions at our facility in Council Bluffs for the Omaha area. Pick up and deliver freight between Service Centers and/or turn-point locations via tractor-trailer combinations.
Pick up and deliver freight between Service Centers and customers and support the selling process.
Starting pay rates below:
Pay: $0.6600 mileage/Road Driver
Pay: $28.93/hr – City Driver
• Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple, hazardous materials and tank endorsements.
• Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course.
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
• Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 100 pounds several times a week.
• Ability to hook-up and break-down sets of trailers that require an average lift force of about 100 pounds, several times a day or more.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
These qualifications are general in nature and are not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of credentials.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.