Join the FedEx Team as a Road Driver! Compensation is paid per mile, starting at $0.5129/mile.
As a Road Driver, you will pick up and deliver trailers between Service Centers and/or turn-point locations via tractor-trailer combinations.
Class A CDL License
• 1 year of experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
• Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple, hazardous materials and tank endorsements
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
• Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards
• Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable) and/or straight trucks.
• Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
• Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer.
• Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck.
• Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including pallets, straps, and rope.
• Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary.
• Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
• Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
• Collect cash or checks for freight charges as required and maintain required documentation.
• Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including delays, arrivals, and equipment problems.
• Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs and solicit additional business.
• Demonstrate internal and external customer service.
• Ask for additional business from customers and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities.
• Perform chaining of vehicle tires.
• Perform job duties of a road driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary.
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
• Drive throughout shift on all types of roads and in all types of weather.
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 100 pounds several times a week.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
• Ability to withstand exposure to noise and vibration, dust and diesel fumes, and hazardous materials shipped and packaged under DOT regulations.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Hours may vary due to operational need.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.