City/Road Drivers - Class A CDL
East Moline, IL
FedEx Freight is currently hiring individuals with a valid Class A CDL license for our Driver positions at our Rock Island facility. One of the primary duties is to pick up and deliver trailers between Service Centers and/or turn-point locations via tractor-trailer combinations.
Pay: $0.5515 mileage/Road Driver
Pay: $23.58/hr – City Driver
• Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of
FedEx Freight Driver Development Course.
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
• Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the
states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long
Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 100 pounds several times a week.
• Ability to hook-up and break-down sets of trailers that require an average lift force of about 100 pounds, several times a day or more.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
These qualifications are general in nature and are not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of credentials.
We are an EOE employer