Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
FedEx Freight is now hiring Shop Technicians for our Texarkana facility.
We offer shift pay differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts, as well as safety shoe reimbursement.
As a Shop Technician you will be expected to provide timely, quality, and cost effective repair and maintenance for our vehicle fleet, which includes tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment. You will troubleshoot, modify, and document repairs to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience performing vehicle maintenance. A heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate obtained from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school may substitute for 1 year of vehicle maintenance experience.
• Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, fabricating equipment during repair)
• Experience using lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes, etc.)
• Experience using precision measurement instruments (micrometers, dial indicators, electronic multimeters/testers, A/C charging station, etc.)
• Paint and body work experience required.
• Prior forklift repair experience required.
• Class A CDL preferred.
• Brake Inspection Certification eligible.
• Medium/Heavy Truck Master ASE Certification preferred.
• Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
• Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment.
• Must possess in-depth knowledge of late model gas and diesel engines and on-board computers.
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment, including the use of diagnostic equipment.
• Diagnose cause of malfunctions and perform repairs from preventative maintenance up to component replacements.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot general vehicle operating systems.
• Document work performed, prepare vehicle records, and report in writing and electronically.
• Work with other technicians or independently in performing preventative maintenance and repairs.
• Perform necessary adjustments in equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations and prepare required safety documentation.
• Perform paint and body work on vehicles, as required.
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
• Must possess proficient computer skills, including email, maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
• Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual or automatic transmissions.
• Ability to enter and exit the driver’s compartment of the truck and/or behind cab using normal available footholds and handholds.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
• Ability to withstand exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
• Ability to withstand exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes, and noise.
• Ability to drive service van to off-site locations and perform work.
• Ability to withstand exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area.
• Ability to withstand exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, paints, or other irritants.
• Hours may vary due to operational need.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.